About the role
Surrey County Council is undergoing a radical transformation programme and a great opportunity has arisen for an energetic and self-motivated Business Analyst to join Land & Property in the Resources Directorate. The Business Analyst will work within the Systems Development Team. The team is responsible for management & development of information systems, processes and core property data. Joining a proactive and results focused team, you will be given the opportunity to put your ideas into practice and make a measurable contribution to the development of its processes and service offerings. This is a versatile and challenging role, where you will have the opportunity to integrate people, process and technology across the Land & Property.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Define business requirements and develop business cases
- Create project plans, functional & non-functional specifications and "As-is" & "To-Be" processes
- Work with wider stakeholders to tackle issues identified
- Measure the impact of the implemented change
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- Business analyst qualification (E.g. CCBA/CBAP) or willing to work towards achieving a relevant qualification
- Experience of effective stakeholder management
- Strong facilitation skills
- The ability to manage conflicting workloads
- Comfortable with running successful workshops
For more information about the role, please find the job description attached at the bottom of this page.
Additional Information - Contact Details
For an informal discussion contact Tanveer Hirani on 07855 130068 or by e-mail at Tanveer.Hirani@surreycc.gov.uk. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 12:00 on 07/06/2020.
You will benefit from a local government salary related pension, and a variety of other benefits. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.