Housing Options Officer (P01715)
Maternity cover post
£26,928 - £33,251 inclusive of outer fringe allowance per annum
37 hours per week
We are looking for a dedicated, motivated individual to join our Housing Needs Team, Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council’s Team of the Year in the 2019 Employee Recognition Awards.
You will be part of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Housing Options team, providing housing advice and assistance to households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
You will assist customers to improve their situation so that they can remain in stable accommodation, and will do this by negotiating with landlords and relatives to prevent homelessness. You will work towards getting single people and couples away from a life on the streets, and help accommodate families and vulnerable people when they have lost accommodation.
You will demonstrate your ability to deal with emotionally challenging cases in difficult situations, providing advice to members of the public and determining what legal duties are owed to customers who approach the Council for assistance.
We are looking for someone with:
- An interest in providing high quality public services to the local community
- Experience of working with the public and providing excellent levels of customer service
- The ability to negotiate with others and find solutions to complicated situations
- Experience of working with several IT systems and ability to learn new systems to a high standard
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in learning about homelessness and developing or increasing their understanding of homelessness legislation and case law.
If you are passionate about helping people and assisting those in housing need, and also thrive under pressure and enjoy team working – we want to hear from you. The council have developed a ‘One Team’ approach to working and this relies on each and every person working collaboratively to deliver shared goals. To be a positive influence on this environment, you’ll need to be able to support others and be a genuine team player.
What the council is really looking for is someone with a true customer focus, an understanding of what great customer service involves and a commitment to delivering outstanding results.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31 May 2020.
Assessments will be held on Wednesday 3 June and Thursday 4 June, with interviews on Tuesday 9 June and Wednesday 10 June.