Various Volunteer Posts - Sevenoaks District, Public Realm Commission
Sevenoaks District is a dynamic place to live, work and visit. Situated in West Kent, it celebrates a picturesque landscape, beautiful green spaces and wears its long history well, with its traditional Kentish architecture in its attractive towns and villages. However, with close connectivity to London it also provides a vibrant cultural and leisure offer.
Sevenoaks District Council has recently established a Public Realm Commission and is now seeking volunteer members to support the Public Realm Commissioner. You will support the Commissioner to review the effectiveness of public realm in and around completed developments to ensure that it maximises benefits to the community and advances the health, wellbeing, economic and environmental aspirations of the Council.
We are seeking volunteers for the Public Realm Commission with the relevant representation with the following:
- Experience or a keen interest in various aspects of the existing public realm and future spaces created by completed developments, including public art, performance space, green spaces, access, enjoyment, mixed uses and community support.
- Experience or abilities to enable fund raising or securing charitable contributions to support and deliver specific projects.
- Applicants based in the South East.
Term of office:
- 12 months, reviewed annually.
- The Commission exists until May 2023.
- 3-4 meetings (daytime) per year and other opportunities to contribute.
Volunteer members of the Public Realm Commission serve without remuneration, although mileage expenses can be claimed.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the Public Realm Commission, please contact Alan Whiting, Community Planning and Place Manager on 01732227446.