Do you have a spare room and live in Brighton and Hove?
Could you care for someone who needs extra support in your home?
Would you like to work from home and be paid to make a real difference to someone’s life?
Make a positive lifestyle choice and talk to us about becoming a Shared Lives Carer
We are looking for people living in Brighton and Hove to join Shared Lives and provide care, support and accommodation for adults and young people over sixteen with a learning disability, autism, or mental health need.
About the role
All sorts of people can be Shared Lives carers; singles, couples, with or without children, young or not so young, home owners or tenants:
- You would be assessed and approved by the Shared Lives Scheme and receive induction and ongoing support and training.
- You would be self employed and paid a weekly fee.
- You will need to have some experience of caring for others and be motivated to support people to live independent lives.
By becoming a Shared Lives Carer you can make a real difference to the people you support by offering:
- The opportunity to live a meaningful life and be part of family life and the local community
- Support to make their own choices and decisions
- Support with everyday tasks and support to develop independence skills
You could offer:
- Full time support –the person would live with you and your family
- Short Breaks (respite) – the person would come and stay for the occasional night, weekend or week
- Day share – you would support up to three people, based from your home, for up to 6 hours.
To find out more:
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
visit the website and watch our videos www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/sharedlives
The Scheme is CQC registered and rated Good with Outstanding in ‘responsive’.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
This role is being advertised on behalf of the Shared Lives Team. You will be self employed and not an employee of Brighton & Hove City Council.