Brighter Futures for Children
Permanent, Full Time post
The Trainee Outcome Focussed Placements Officer will support the Outcome Focussed Placements Officer to co-ordinate and manage all placement requests for Looked After Children (LAC) including those with multiple and complex needs and children with special educational needs.
The post holder will liaise with Social Workers to understand the requirements of the placement and support the Placements Team to negotiate in consideration of the achievement of the best outcomes for children and young people. Working under the guidance of the Strategic Commissioner for Social Care, the post holder will complete work to support their learning to become an Outcome Focussed Placements Officer.
- Support the Outcome Focussed Placements Officers to ensure that placement options provide a best match to needs and outcomes in relation to accommodation, education and health, provide value for money and are carried out in accordance with the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Understand and apply company and department procedures and practice to ensure that corporate social responsibility (equalities, sustainability, transparency, ethical, health and safety and social value) is at the core of all placement negotiations.
- To be proactive in workload management, prioritise work as required.
- Attend professionals’ meetings as agreed.
- Support the collation of monitoring and recording of achievements in order to ensure the service is financially self-sustaining.
- Collate and provide information for Social Workers and Team Managers to progress options for managing Step Down and Reunification where required.
- Attend staff meetings and management groups to highlight service developments and ensure service continuity as appropriate.
- Good general education with Maths and English to A-level standard
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a similar working environment, matching criteria to identified need at an entry level.
- Commercial skills - experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a cost focused service.
- Experience of IT data systems.
- Willingness to learn and understand the statutory requirements around children looked after; children with disabilities and Education, Health and Care Plans
- Willingness to learn and understand the legislation relating to data protection and confidentiality.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Karina Ajayi on Karina.Ajayi@brighterfuturesforchildren.org