Havering is the most eastern London borough, bordered by Essex, the River Thames, and the boroughs of Redbridge and Barking & Dagenham. It's one of the largest boroughs in Greater London with a population of 226,000, over 7,000 businesses and an area approaching 40 square miles. It is delivering a £3bn investment programme that will improve the borough as a place to live. It will bring thousands of new jobs and genuinely affordable homes while helping to create new business opportunities. There are over 10,000 council owned properties and a 12 Estates Regeneration Programme in partnership with Wates plus two other major joint ventures to deliver thousands of new homes across the borough.
As a council, we value our people and know that through investing in their development we can attract and retain the very best talent. We are a council that people want to work for and one in which you will have the opportunity to thrive and maximise your contribution and career potential.
Head of Housing, Strategy and Service Development
Grade 12- £65367-£73670 pa
We are looking for an experienced Head of Housing Strategy & Development to join our Senior Housing Management Team. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Housing.
You will be able to provide strategic oversight and lead on implementation of the following areas across the Housing Services directorate:
- Strategy and policy
- Housing development
- Regulation and scrutiny
- Innovation and improvement
- Performance management frameworks
- Customer feedback and complaints
You will also recommend key changes and improvements in specialist areas across the Housing Management, Supported Housing, Property Services and Housing Demand.
The successful candidate should have experience of:
- successfully leading policy performance and strategy development at a senior level within a large complex organisation
- communicating to a variety of audiences using a range of methods
- implementing effective management and business improvement frameworks and quality improvement methodologies
- building strong internal and external relationships focused to delivering corporate business objectives, housing priorities and strategies
- negotiating with key stakeholders including government bodies, regulatory agencies, statutory partners
- working in partnership within a corporate environment, elected members and with external partners and stakeholders
- successfully leading, motivating and managing staff
- managing change in a local authority or similar environment
- managing multi-disciplined services
- planning and prioritising own workloads and those of your teams to achieve tasks within a tight deadline
- ability to manage a complex workload including competing priorities, achieving targets and responding quickly and flexibly to changing needs and demands
- Demonstrable skills in research and evaluation, identification of trends, customer insight analysis; ability to translate this information to maximise potential service improvement
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
For a confidential chat, to discuss any enquiries or to find out how to apply for this role, please contact
Andrew Barton at Penna Recruitment Consultants
Telephone no: 07922 386432
The closing date for applications is the 8th June 2020.