Farnworth Church of England Primary School
2 x PART TIME CLASSROOM ASSISTANT
GRADE: HBC2 (Scale Point 3-4)
17.5hrs over 5 days (8.30am -12.00pm Monday – Friday)
Contract Type: Permanent Part-Time
- The post holder will be responsible for supporting children with their learning, including those with special educational needs under the direction and guidance of class teachers and the SENDCo/AHT KS1 and to provide for the social, educational and welfare needs within the school.
- To support and uphold the school’s vision and values
- To help children of all abilities, including those with special educational needs to learn as effectively and independently as possible, both individually and in small groups
- To prepare materials and resources to support individuals, small groups and classroom activities
- To work with children on individual targets in reading, writing and maths
- To support children’s emotional development and resilience when approaching learning tasks
- To support children’s behaviour in line with the school’s vision, values and positive behaviour policy
- To assist with children in the playground as required
- To have an awareness of and adherence to all school safeguarding procedures and participate in training as appropriate
- To ensure the health and safety of the children and to report any concerns or details of accidents/incidents as necessary to the Headteacher
- To assist in the general care of the learning environment by keeping curriculum resources in classrooms and around the school, tidy and in good order
- To implement and promote the schools equal opportunities policies at all times and to value diversity
To support the teachers including the following:
- To report back to class teachers and the SENDCo/AHT KS1 on the progress of children in literacy and maths, keeping written records as necessary
- To liaise with parents/carers and foster good links between home and school under the guidance of class teachers and SENDCo/AHT KS1.
- To support class teachers with educational visits including taking responsibility for the care, welfare and learning of individuals and small groups of children.
- To implement strategies, programmes of work and resources as laid out in Individual Provision Plans (IEPs) under the guidance of the SENDCo and class teachers
- To assist with the planning, coordination and assessment of a child’s Individual Provision Plan taking into account the recommendations and guidelines set out in professional documentation.
- To make ongoing notes and assessments of children’s progress
- To assist with the display of children's work
- To attend and relevant in-service and external training as and when required
- To administer first aid or carry out simple medical procedures in line with LA guidelines
- To attend and contribute to school meetings as directed by the Headteacher
- To develop activities to promote social interactions between pupils during break times
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks in keeping with the post as specified by the Headteacher
Farnworth CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to references and an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Applications will only be considered when submitted on a fully completed application form. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Please complete the online application form via the following link:
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 15 June 2020 and shortlisting on Monday 15 June. Interview dates will be arranged individually following government guidelines with social distancing procedures in place.