About the role
We are seeking to appoint an organised and proactive part-time Finance Assistant to cover a period of maternity leave commencing in July 2020.
Surrey County Council is the largest employer in Surrey. Our organisation is split across a diverse range of directorates and services spanning the entire county. This Finance Assistant post sits within the Schools Finance & Monitoring Team in the Finance Directorate but will also involve close working with colleagues in schools and other council services.
The successful applicant will:
- Administer elements of the School’s Staff Cover Scheme
- Produce accurate reports and statistics
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties that support the effective running of the service
- Be able to manage high workloads and work flexibly within a team
- Contribute to the delivery of Directorate and council objectives
Although this role involves working as part of a team you will be given the tools to work independently and flexibly as the business needs, to allow you to deliver work to a high standard.
To be shortlisted to interview your expression of interest should provide evidence, with examples where relevant, in the following areas:
- Production of accurate reports and statistics
- Practical, sound experience of accounting procedures
- A good level of ICT skills including Works, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Experience of managing conflicting demands on your time and resources
- Experience of dealing with schools’ finances would be an advantage
For more information, please refer to the full job description attached at the bottom of this page. We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of this position please review the job description before applying. To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Sue English at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 07/06/2020. Interviews will take place the week commencing 15/06/2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.