About the Role
Hightown Housing Association, based in Hemel Hempstead, works across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire developing and managing shared ownership, leasehold, general needs and supported housing. Currently managing in excess of 1200 shared ownership and leasehold properties, we expect the portfolio to increase to over 1500 in the next three years we also manage non-standard rent groups such as rent to buy and intermediate rent.
There is currently an opportunity for a Home Ownership Officer to join the Home Ownership Team.
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
- You will be a key member of the team
- Providing a housing management service to the Association`s leasehold and shared ownership residents and to the non-standard rent groups living on mixed tenure estates.
- You will also provide support to other members of the team during peaks in workload.
- We are looking for somebody with a "can do, will do" approach
- Experience in leasehold and shared ownership management.
- Have had direct experience of managing and monitoring service charge budgets
- Reading through and understanding leases.
- You will also need to be good with figures.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £31,122pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
Hightown currently manages almost 6,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the `apply` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Friday 19th June 2020
Interview date: TBC
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.