About the role
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Estates Surveyor to join Surrey County Council’s Land and Property Service, sitting within the Resources Directorate. This is offered as a 9 month fixed-term contract, to cover maternity leave within the team.
The Estates Team comprise part of the wider Land and Property Service which provides comprehensive property expertise and support to the Council’s service areas, as well as managing its property investment assets.
The Senior Estates Surveyor will be responsible for providing a full property and lease management service to a portfolio of operational and surplus leased-out Council properties, including the following activities:-
- Management and oversight of all lease-in and lease-out payments including rent, service charge, insurance, rates and dilapidations
- Negotiation of rent reviews, lease renewals, lease regears, surrenders and lettings of vacant space
- Handling all lease-in and lease-out applications for consent, including licences for alterations, change of use, alienation etc
- Ensuring compliance with all lease covenants
- Assistance with preparation of the annual Estates budget
- Dealing with general property enquiries relating to the portfolio, including title queries, boundary disputes, wayleaves etc
- Assisting the Client Account Managers in the development and delivery of the service area accommodation strategies
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- At least 5 years’ experience of day to day management of a commercial property portfolio
- A good understanding and direct experience of lease negotiations, including rent reviews and lease renewals
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills and an attention to detail
- Ideally but not essentially, an RICS qualification and experience of working in a local authority environment
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion please contact Rupert Grass on 07809826558 or by e-mail at Rupert.email@example.com We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14/06/2020 with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.