Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival.
We are entering a very exciting period in our development. Following our commitment in 2015 to invest at least £100m in cancer research and service by 2025, our cancer and cancer prevention services work has already led to the creation of several pilot and larger scale programmes and we now require talented and motived people to expand and develop this vital work further.
We are currently seeking two exceptional individuals to join us as Head of Services and develop, deliver and manage a portfolio of evidence-based cancer and cancer prevention services.
- Salary of circa £50,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
Both roles are permanent, although we will consider a temporary appointment for a minimum of 6 months for the right candidate.
If you have experience of leading the delivery of health services, this is a superb opportunity to help us achieve our goal of saving an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire by 2025.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Head of Services, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
These are exciting, and continually developing roles for the charity, working in partnership with local authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Trusts, community and voluntary organisations and most importantly with patients and service users. The post holders will each take responsibility for a section of our cancer and cancer prevention portfolio depending on the post holder’s expertise and experience.
The full portfolio will aim to:
- Improve the early diagnosis of cancer by increasing uptake in national screening programmes and increasing awareness of signs and symptoms of cancer across Yorkshire
- Improve the early diagnosis of lung cancer by developing and expanding lung health checks using learning derived from the Yorkshire Lung Screening Trial (a clinical trial by Yorkshire Cancer Research)
- Reduce the risk of cancer recurrence through physical activity following an initial diagnosis of cancer
- Reduce cancer in Yorkshire through smoking cessation programmes
To join us as the Head of Services, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience at a senior manager/team leader level in a relevant environment (such as delivering or commissioning services in a public, healthcare or third sector setting)
- Substantial experience of implementing, managing and evaluating a strategic portfolio of health services
- Substantial experience of developing health services in collaboration with partners, patient advocates and service users
- Substantial experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, including health service providers, commissioners, patients and service users
- Experience of commissioning health services
- A degree level qualification in a public health, service management or health related subject OR a degree level qualification with at least five years’ experience in a relevant area, such as delivering or commissioning health related services in the public, healthcare or third sector setting
Other organisations may call this role Head of Cancer Prevention Services, Head of Healthcare Services, Healthcare Programme Manager, Cancer Prevention Programme Manager, or Head of Cancer Services.
The closing date for applications is the 19th June 2020.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Head of Services, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.