The Learning Federation
Broadford Primary School & Mead Primary School
c/o Amersham Road
Romford RM3 9JD
Local Authority - London Borough of Havering
Executive Headteacher: The Learning Federation
Hours: Full Time
Salary: L29 - 35 (outer London) £84,979 - £96,957 p.a.
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2021 or sooner if possible
The Learning Federation currently comprises two large maintained primary schools located within a quarter of a mile of one another in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex in the London Borough of Havering. Both schools have been judged as ‘Good’ by OFSTED.
We have been established as a Federation since 2016 and have already established an excellent partnership working with a shared vision and strong values.
Children are at the centre of what we do: specifically encouraging children from some of the most disadvantaged communities in the area to achieve their true potential and enable them to succeed. The vision of The Learning Federation is:
- No pupil’s educational success should be limited by their socio-economic background
- Our pupils should be reading confidently by age 6 so that they can access a rich curriculum
- We work closely with our community to achieve high standards in all we do
We want to help contribute to a world where all children and young people are given the opportunity to succeed, aspire and reach their own potential. Our mission is for every child to leave our schools equipped with the essential skills they need to participate effectively in our society and to become well-rounded, confident, happy adults.
We are now looking for an Executive Headteacher who can refresh our ambition to take forward the excellent work that has been done on developing our two primary schools in recent years.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts children at the heart of everything they do
- Has been an inspiring senior leader with a proven track record in leading school improvement and innovative curriculum planning and development
- Has experience in managing the performance of staff and cultivating highly-motivated teams, who recognises and rewards excellent practice
- Can deliver effective and efficient strategic planning of resources including human resources and the considerable estate of indoor and outdoor facilities in the two schools
- Is an excellent communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others
- Is committed to their own continued professional development and providing skilled mentoring and coaching to other potential future leaders.
We can offer:
- Two friendly, supportive and welcoming schools with positive pupils who enjoy learning in a safe environment
- A strong leadership and pastoral team
- The opportunity to further improve school performance and consolidate the excellent work that has been done to establish the Federation
- A team of conscientious, committed and enthusiastic staff members, who work together to provide the best education and support for our pupils
Our information pack contains full details about this opportunity. If you have any queries or would like to make an appointment to visit our schools, please do not hesitate to contact Christine MacPherson, Federation School Business Manager on 01708 343616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online.
Closing date: Monday 22nd June 2020 12.00
Interview date: Wednesday 8th July 2020
The Learning Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
The Learning Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to two satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure. Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2019) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council