We are looking for a committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic person to join our electoral services team. The successful candidate will be involved in running the annual canvass and the Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) and County Elections in 2021. Although this is currently a temporary position there is potential for this post to become permanent.
For the right person this is a great opportunity to develop a career and become fully involved in the administration of democracy.
The role includes:
- Dealing with enquiries and responding to requests for information.
- Typing, data entry and maintaining databases
- Assistance with election administration duties and documents
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature as may reasonably be required by the Electoral Services Officer
- Understand the importance to adhere to data protection rules and handling sensitive information
- Good IT skills including word processing/maintaining databases
- 2 A Levels or equivalent
- Have a pleasant and empathetic telephone manner
- Have an organised and methodical approach to work
- Prepared to work out of hours work during elections