We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Virtual School Education Specialist to join our multi-disciplinary team. This is a varied role and requires an innovative approach to delivering the service going forward. The successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring, tracking and intervention to raise attainment and progress for children on the edge of care in Waltham Forest. They will work as part of an integrated approach with Safeguarding and Family Support teams and partners in other services and the community. The successful applicant will report to the Virtual School Lead Advisory Teacher.
You will have:
- A qualification at minimum Level 2 in English and Mathematics and be educated to Level 3 overall.
- At least 3 years experience of working with vulnerable children in an education setting
- Good understanding of the issues facing vulnerable children and experience of implementing strategies to improve outcomes
- High expectations for all children
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to vulnerable children and a good awareness of the latest national political picture
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders within educational settings, the community and local authorities
- Excellent communication and management skills
If you join us we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a team committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable children
- The opportunity to develop practice and contribute to policy development across disciplines
- Professional development and supervision
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Waltham Forest and its partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.