Old Town Hall, Catford Road, SE6 4RU The Role
Our mission is to deliver Thriving communities and places people are proud to call home. Our Home Ownership Service provides expert advice to tenants wishing to exercise the Right to Buy (RTB) and to leaseholders. As a Homeownership Officer, you will be responsible for dealing with a wide range of leasehold issues including, Right to Buy, calculating annual service charges, resolving disputes and enforcing the terms of the lease. We currently manage just over 5,000 leasehold properties and are working on modernising our service. This is a really exciting time to get involved with leasehold & RTB issues. We’re passionate about our work and delivering excellent customer service. We are committed to putting residents at the heart of our business. We seek talented, ambitious, and dedicated people who share our values and are excited about the opportunity to work in an innovative, challenging, and collaborative and customer focused organisation. In return, we offer a competitive salary, career development opportunities, a wide range of staff benefits, and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Key responsibilities include:• Proactively manage a variety of RTB and homeownership functions within procedural & legislative deadlines.
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of RTB / Collection / Service Charge legislation and communicate this clearly and precisely to others in writing, interview and telephone
• Consult with leaseholders (statutory & non-statutory consultation) & assist with applications for dispensation
• Providing and maintaining excellent customer care
• Build good working relationships with the local Tenant and Residents’ Associations. Attend out of hours meetings as required.
• Investigate complex cases, work collaboratively with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi agency responses to complex cases and carry out home / estate visits / inspections in a lone working capacity as required.
• Take legal action as necessary. Ensure all legal paperwork is completed to a high standard. Attend court hearings (including tribunal & mediation), representing the organisation positively at all times.
Salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
Lewisham Homes: Share the ambition
We require staff to work 36 hours per week 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday. Salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.Timetable
Closing Date: Friday 19 June
Interview Date: TBC
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification. Please attach your supporting statement to your online application.