Do you want to make an impact and leave your legacy with future generations?
Do you want to help the Family Safeguarding service prevent children coming into care? We are looking for empathetic and energetic individuals to join our new innovative family safeguarding adolescent team.
Family safeguarding at Bracknell Forest are extending services to add a bespoke children’s and adolescent element to the model. This team will work with children and adolescent mental health and support children and adolescents living with domestic abuse and substance misuse.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest Council…
Do you have experience of working with children, adolescents and families with domestic abuse and/or substance misuse and/mental health, then you will want to join us. This is an exciting programme, one of a few in the country and is a great opportunity to join us now to help shape the service.
We are delighted to advertise vacancies to join our team. We have vacancies for the following posts:
- Two Domestic abuse workers for work with victims, children and adolescents
- One Family worker
Please specify on your application form which post you are applying for.
Our vision for the bespoke children and adolescent element of family safeguarding
“We will deliver an enhanced Family Safeguarding Model (FSM) of particular benefit to families at risk of entrenched generational inequalities, looked after children, and families with experience of domestic violence and/or substance misuse aiming to reduce adverse childhood experiences and reduce the potential for mental ill health for vulnerable children. We will reduce the escalation of demand for children’s services by introducing this layer of the Family Safeguarding to support children earlier”
What it’s like working for our team…
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplinary social care team offering specialist support services not only to adults but now to children and adolescents.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
The Family Safeguarding service is a whole system reform of child protection services. It brings together the professionals working with a family as one team and aims to keep children safely within their families by identifying and meeting need. Using motivational practice, multi-disciplinary teams work on addressing the compounding factors known as the ‘trio of vulnerabilities’: domestic abuse, parental substance misuse and parental mental health. We are looking to extend and enhance our services to offer earlier and more timely support to children and adolescents who are impacted by experiencing mental health and/or domestic abuse and/or substance misuse.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplinary team based within children’s social care and help shape the future for this new innovative service
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (The Lexicon).
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
- We are looking for enthusiastic, confident and reliable people who are passionate about work within a multi-disciplinary setting with children and families and who want to be part of new innovative services
Interviews will be held on:
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Anne Marie Ali/Hannah Morris
Job Title: Project Manager for Family safeguarding/Team Manager for Permanency Planning
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified