36 hours per week
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities - #BeTheDifference.
Regeneration Finance Strategy Lead
Full Time Permanent Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team delivering the Council's ambitious regeneration programme, leading the development of the £150m+ regeneration finance and funding strategy. The role also includes leadership of the Wirral Growth Company's business plan and management of the Board. The role is within the Regeneration and Place Directorate with matrix management by the Finance team. It is a unique opportunity for someone with the right finance qualifications, a strategic outlook, and a commitment to regenerating Wirral.
We are looking for someone who is a current Member of Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies/Chartered Institute of Management Accounting. You will also demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
Key knowledge and skills required for this position are;
- An understanding of the regeneration process applicable to the scale and scope in Wirral, and knowledge of the financial issues involved.
- Highly organised, structured and methodical and experience of working through governance structures to provide assurance of sound financial strategy and management of risks and issues.
- Skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to create and manage a financing strategy for Wirral's regeneration programme.
- Able to initiate, develop and sustain successful partnership working both internally and externally, ensuring the collaboration required to achieve shared results.
Your experience should also include;
- Experience in strategy, programme or project leadership at a senior level
- Demonstrate personal and professional credibility to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders including Chief Officers, elected members and members of the public.
- Working to multiple, conflicting demands and priorities to seize and assess new opportunities and turn them into deliverables.
For an informal discussion please contact Juliet Blackburn by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are anticipated for early September 2020.
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.