Directorate: Corporate Services
Starting salary: JM2:- £35,745 per annum
Location: Based in North Somerset
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 25 September 2020
We have a number of major infrastructure projects to deliver in North Somerset over the coming years and we need a capable communications and engagement adviser to help us.
The infrastructure needed includes:
- 900 new secondary school places at Locking Parklands
- A new road to bypass the village of Banwell
- Improvements to the local roads and paths in and around Banwell
- A replacement road bridge in Weston-super-Mare.
These projects will have a hugely positive impact on residents’ access to jobs, and the area’s economy.
It’s really important to us that we get the communication and engagement right, so we are looking for a specialist to design, develop and deliver successful strategic communication and engagement activities.
The postholder will:
- have significant post qualification experience to develop and deliver communication and engagement plans and activities
- provide specialist communication and engagement advice and guidance to the Major Projects service area.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Vanessa Andrews on 01275 888 728.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 1st or Friday 2nd October 2020
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.