Closing date for Applications: Friday 25 September 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting will take place on the – Tuesday 29 September
Due to social distancing guidelines interviews will be conducted via video link interviews will take place on 8th and 9th October
What you'll be doing
We're looking to expand our Neighbourhoods Team of dynamic, diverse people by hiring an experienced Housing Officer. You will provide a comprehensive housing management service, within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed performance standards, ensuring a high quality customer service is provided at all times.
What you'll have
- Experience of working in housing related or similar customer facing area, or studying a housing related subject.
- Some understanding of issues around housing law, rights of tenants and landlords and laws relating to repairs.
- Some understanding of common building defects and the solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language
- Able to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems
- Ability to manage time & tasks effectively, work well under pressure both individually and in a team to deadlines, delegating appropriately
- Able to develop and review Policy and Procedure regarding arears and income management
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Can prioritise work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Able to work productively with other departments
- A ‘can do’, proactive approach to problem solving
- Willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training
- This role will require you to have a full driving licence and access to a car