Brighter Futures for Children
Family Group Worker X 3
16 hours Term Time Only (permanent)
23 hours All year round (permanent)
23 hours All year round (12 month fixed term)
Work Location: Reading Children Centres (South and East Clusters)
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
You will be working as part of a small team within Reading’s Children’s Centres, the team comprises of Family Group Workers and Family Support Workers.
Reading Children Centres is looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic qualified Childcare Practitioner, to join our multi-skilled friendly team.
A qualification in Early Years Childcare and education or equivalent Level 3 is essential for this role; together with knowledge and experience of using the Early Years Foundation Stage within your practice.
You will be required to deliver high quality childcare and family sessions to parents/carers and children aged 0-5 years, including:
Set up, plan and run groups/crèche for targeted families as identified by local need
Coordinate family learning activities for vulnerable and targeted families
To provide safe and inclusive activities for young children and their families/carers to bond, play, learn and socialise within children’s centres
To provide high quality childcare for children 0-5 years in a safe and inclusive environment that supports them to play, learn and socialise.
- To lead and run activities in groups for children and their families, providing supervision of the activity.
- To provide activities and in crèche provision which encourages the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and language development of babies and young children
- To provide activities which encourages family members to participate along with their child promoting strong attachment
- To provide activities that gives parents and carers the opportunity to learn about the development of their child
- To ensure all Health and Safety requirements and welfare standards are in place for all activities and crèche through risk assessments and health and safety checks
- To understand and adhere to all relevant policies and procedures in relation to the Children’s Centre programme. This includes both building based and child specific (child protection) policies.
- To maintain all Children’s Centre resources including setting up before and cleaning and tidying after the sessions.
- To meet all children’s care and welfare needs whilst in crèche provision.
- To prepare drinks and light snacks for the session according to the healthy eating policy.
- To deliver Children’s Centre activities in the hub and satellite buildings as well as local community venues where applicable.
- A recognised qualification in childcare NVQ level 3 or equivalent
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with children 0-3 years and their families
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and families
- Experience of working with children 0-3 years with SEND
- To have knowledge of current legislation and processes in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- To have knowledge of EYFS and child development and attachment and its application in activities and creche
Contact details for an informal discussion:
What we offer our qualified employee’s:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- All team managers are permanent staff and our Consultant Practitioners will coach, mentor and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.