Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The Adult & Community Learning service have an exciting opportunity and is currently recruiting an Information and Learning Technology Curriculum Officer (ILT Officer) to support its busy operation at Centres across the borough. This highly regarded service runs over 800 courses for residents during the academic year, making ever increasing use of systems and technology in line with Ofsted guidance. The ILT Officer will interface with our IT and other contractors to maintain and develop facilities in line with the annual plan. He/she will also provide support for staff to optimise their use of ILT so that they can enable our students to achieve their potential.
This is a challenging, demanding but rewarding job, working in a friendly and supportive team within a dynamic service.
If you have excellent skills as an IT user, good communication skills and are quick to learn new systems, this could be the job for you. We are looking for a person who has high standards and is able to work quickly, accurately and independently with multiple priorities.
You will have a good all round standard of education including proven skills in written English and a minimum of Level 2 standard in an ICT subject. Experience of teaching in an ILT setting or willingness to work towards this within a short time frame is desirable.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.