Fire Safety Advisor
Permanent, Full time
Corporate Health & Safety Team
PO1 (£34, 884 - £37, 722 plus market supplement £7,896)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fire Safety Advisor to become part of our successful Health and Safety Team at Enfield Council taking responsibility for fire risk assessments across a wide range of Council Housing buildings in Enfield, London.
As a Fire Safety Advisor you will be required to undertake Fire Risk Assessments on a range of properties including high, medium and low rise, Sheltered Housing Schemes and Community Halls. You will also be expected to investigate fires, assist teams with fire related queries and liaise with the London Fire Brigade.
You will have previous experience in a Fire Safety role and it is essential that you have experience with fire regulations and are able to read building plans etc. You will be educated to a proficient standard in fire safety or fire safety engineering with a qualification from a recognised fire sector professional body. You will be able to work autonomously as you will be managing your own diary and prioritising your workload.
Why it’s great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight, 1 October 2020
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.email@example.com. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
For more information please contact Philip Bray in the Corporate Health and Safety Team on 020 8132 1332, or email him at Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss the role or visit the team.