This is an excellent fixed term contract or secondment opportunity to be part of a team delivering an exciting strategic programme of transformational change at Surrey County Council to replace our existing SAP system with Unit 4 which supports business critical Finance, HR, Payroll and Procurement processes.
Tell me more…
You will be joining at the very start of the implementation phase of the programme to lead and deliver the data migration workstream of the Digital Business & Insights programme, which is a large-scale transformation programme comprising an implementation budget of c. £7m.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- You will be an experienced data migration specialist and will lead the data migration workstream, heading a small team of data migration specialists working with and alongside our implementation partner’s data migration experts to ensure effective mapping and migration of data from the existing SAP system to the new ERP solution.
- You will have experience of leading small teams of data migration specialists to deliver data migrations of substantial scope and scale. These will have been acquired within a framework of consistent application of standards, implementation techniques and solution delivery. You and your team will deliver the identified data migration requirements produced by the business process leads/SMEs and technical support SMEs.
- You will be comfortable operating within a project/programme environment, able to efficiently assign data migration work packages to your team members and track their progress, and able to report effectively to the Project Manager regarding data mapping and migration progress, including identifying and escalating technical issues and blockers.
- You will have experience of engagement in business process workshops to ensure that their work is fully informed regarding data migration requirements.
- Unit 4 experience is essential.
The small print…
You will be an agile worker, working remotely from home and from offices in the north-west of Surrey based on the needs of the programme. The role will initially be formally based out of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DW until County Hall is vacated by 31st December 2020. The Council is in the process of acquiring new office spaces across Surrey to be in place during 2021, including within the north west of the county, but a specific permanent location for the programme is still to be confirmed.
The role may also require travel to sites across the county when required. Remote working is fully supported with the provision of a light-weight laptop and remote access technology.
The role will be for a total of 15 months at 1 FTE from 1st October 2020 to 1st January 2022.
For more information, please see the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
This is an 15 month fixed term contract.
Still need more info?
If you have any questions regarding this position or the project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 22/09/2020. If we receive sufficient applications we may close this process early so please apply as soon as possible. Interviews will take place shortly after closing date.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.