We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Income Officer- Central
Business area: Housing Services
Base location: Sittingbourne, Kent (The team are currently set up working from home)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th September 2020, 23:00pm
Shortlisting: Week commencing 28th September
StarLeaf Video Interviews will take place week commencing 5th October
Do you like a challenge? We need you to be motivated, resilient and keen to deliver a great customer experience.
This is a permanent role. Full time, 36 hours per week.
Experience of income collection or money advice is preferred. You’ll be well organised with brilliant people skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
What you’ll need to have
- You will have proven experience within an Income Collections environment
- A sound of knowledge of housing law, debt recovery and court proceedings
- Experience of working with internal departments and 3rd party agencies
- Be a champion of working as “One Team”
- Have a good understanding of equality, inclusivity and diversity and understand the vital part this plays within our organisation and our values.
- You’ll have excellent people skills and able to communicate effectively in order to achieve results
- A sound knowledge of debt recovery but technical skills aren’t everything. What is important is your people and technical skills
- The ability to negotiate and find solutions.
You'll be office based at the Kent Science Park, Sittingbourne, Kent. You'll provide expert advice and support to customers over the phone on rent arrears and household budgeting. You’ll develop and maintain strong links with local authorities, Department of Work & Pensions and support agencies.
We’re available for customers from 08.00 – 17.30 (Mon –Fri). We need you to be able to work flexibly within these hours.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.