Salary - £36,922 to £39,880 Per Year
If you’re an Occupational Therapist with experience of Disabled Facilities Grants and interested in working in a friendly and dynamic team then we’d love to hear from you...
Reading is a large and very diverse town with great transport links (Rail and Bus), shopping and places to eat! We have great transport links with easy access to the M4 and M3 and easy access by train to London, Bristol, Birmingham and beyond.
We are a local authority working for the community. We are improving the lives of our residents…
We are seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the Private Sector Housing Team. This is an exciting role offering you an opportunity to expand your knowledge, hone your skills and contribute to the development of the service.
About the role
You will be an important part of the Private Sector Housing Team with responsibilities for carrying out assessments for major adaptations and Disabled Facilities Grants. Your role will be to support individuals to remain in their own homes and maximise their independence using a strengths-based approach working with the individual to find solutions.
You will have opportunities to develop this new role and service, working closing with your colleagues in the Private Sector Housing Team, Adult Social Care, Health colleagues, Council Housing and Brighter Future for Children.
You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a therapist.
OTs have had opportunity this year to undertake a variety of training including AMPS, Positive Behavioural Support, EDGE Complex Moving and Handling and specialist adaptation training.
You will have a laptop and support with home working and supported office access and the support of a Lead OT. You will have regular contact and attendance at monthly meetings with OT colleagues across the Authority
Outside Covid restrictions you would usually be based at The Civic Centre, which is located in the town centre close to the Oracle Shopping Complex.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registration.
What CQC said about Reading...
‘A recent review by the Care Quality Commission recognized the good practice in the team here at Reading Borough Council.
Older people had a positive experience of health and social care services. People were treated with dignity, as individuals, and they found that services were provided in a timely and consistent way.’
How we will support you:
* Comprehensive induction, supervision and training provided.
* People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate.
* Flexible working hours (Once completed probation)
* Holiday pay up to 32 days, plus bank holidays (dependent on service)
* Clear pathways and opportunities to progress your career.
* A culture of continuous learning.
* Working from home opportunities available
* We pay for your DBS application
* Discounts available on various products and services
* Employee Assistant Programme
* Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
* Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
* Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
* Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
* Kennet Day Nursery - rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees based at our Civic Centre, Bridge Street, Reading
We welcome you to give us a ring before applying…
For more information, please contact Yasmin Ahmad, Private Sector Housing Team Manager on 0118 937 2466, email@example.com or Carole Lee, Lead Occupational Therapist on 0118 937 4712, firstname.lastname@example.org
With the ongoing situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), if you are invited for an interview, we will be taking sensible precautions to reduce the risk of infection. The interview arrangements will be discussed with you beforehand.
Closing Date: 25th October 2020
Interview Date – To be confirmed
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received.
Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.