18 Months Fixed Term
Reading Borough Council has committed to an ambitious transformation programme and savings strategy for the benefit of its customers, transforming the way we deliver our services. We are really proud of our new Customer Experience strategy and you can read about it here
These exciting posts are part of our Project Management Office (PMO), a team of experienced project management and change professionals. You will be working in a fast-paced, digitally focused team which strives to put our customer first.
About the role
The Business Analysts will primarily focus on delivering improvements in the way the Council’s services work leading improvement activities from initial concept through to implementation) by putting the customer at the heart of service delivery – focussing on the customer journeys, delivering service and performance improvement by reducing cost, delivering digital enabling solutions, achieving efficiency savings, and improving customer access.
We are looking for someone with:
- Significant experience of leading business process reviews and use of data gathering techniques
- Experience of delivery of process, organisational, technological (including digital enabling solutions) and business change
- Experience of working in a projects environment and developing business cases
- Experience in preparing and presenting clear and concise documentation and reports for a variety of purposes
- Proven experience of implementing projects working with 3rd party providers, suppliers or consultants in the delivery of appropriate technology, process and cultural change
- Experience in process automation
If you think you have the skills, energy and passion to work with us and make a difference we would love to hear from you. Please ensure you complete the supporting statement when submitting your CV.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays (rising to 32 after service)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A range of local discounts
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 01st October 2020
Interview Date: Tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.