18 months fixed term - Full time, 37 hours a week - £21,748 to £27,041
18 months fixed term - Part time, 18.5 hours a week - £10,874 to £13,520
Please note in application your if applying for the Full Time or Part Time role.
Many people choose to meet their social care and support needs through the receipt of a Direct Payment. A number of Direct Payment users employ one or more Personal Assistants (PAs) to carry out the duties they require.
We are looking for two results driven, motivated individuals to support a project to develop and implement a PA market in Reading Borough through marketing, information, training, managing an electronic matching system and promoting the role of PAs in social care in Reading.
You will be working closely with social care staff, Direct Payment users or their nominated representative, service providers and voluntary agencies as well as with Reading’s childrens social care company Brighter Futures for Children.
Excellent communication skills, together with strong analytical, presentational, coaching and IT skills are essential to this role, as is the ability to work well with all stakeholders.
You will also receive regular supervision and training to help you develop your professional skills.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that, working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including;
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact
Steve Saunders email@example.com on 07812 462 695
Closing date: 5th October 2020
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.