Learning Support Assistant
Starting as soon as possible; Monday to Friday, Term-Time only (39 weeks), 33 hours.
Fixed Term Contract
Scale 4 Spinal Point 7
Actual Salary: £18,690.35 per annum
Information about the School:
Avonmore Primary School is a ‘Good’ (OFSTED,2017) one form entry school with a Nursery right in the heart of Kensington Olympia. It is a very exciting time for Avonmore as we became part of The Fox Federation in September 2019. We are a happy, vibrant school; our pupils are exceptionally well-behaved and enjoy their time in school. The staff, along with the parents/carers work closely together to ensure the best possible outcomes for all the pupils, regardless of their starting points. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to work one-to-one with a pupil.
Staff and governors of the school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all of our children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be required for successful candidates, as well as verified references, photographic identification, and verification of any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK. We ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our staff team and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Job Description: Avonmore Primary School is looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work one-to-one with a child
Our ideal candidate would be somebody who:
- has experience of working with children with special educational needs, including Autism, Sensory processing disorder and Speech and Language communication difficulties
- is committed to supporting pupils’ emotional well-being
- is commited to supporting pupil progress in all areas of learning
- is friendly and can work as part of a team
- has empathy and can understand varying perspectives
- enjoys working in a culturally diverse community
- has at least NVQ level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics
- is resilient and has a sense of humour
We can offer you
- A vibrant, multicultural and inclusive city school that has a positive, diverse community and a determination that all children will succeed
- A hardworking, supportive and friendly team, dedicated to providing the best possible education for our children
- A comprehensive range of CPD for all our staff
- A school that is excited about education and pedagogy and want to make a real difference to our children, their families and our community
- Children who are exceptionally well behaved and love to learn
- A school dog!
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Wednesday 4th November 2020
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October