We are looking to appoint a conscientious and skilled cleaner with a ‘can do’ attitude who will be required to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the school. This is a temporary position until March 2021, but may be extended depending on future Covid-19 and ongoing cleaning requirements.
The role requires lunchtime cleaning of classrooms, toilets and halls. Applicants should have a dedicated and enthusiastic approach towards cleaning to a high standard.
Some of the duties include:
- Cleaning desks and tables in classrooms and hall;
- Emptying bins in classrooms;
- Wiping door handles and light switches throughout the school;
- Cleaning toilets and sinks;
- Sweeping and mopping school hall floor throughout duration of lunch period
- Spot cleaning of spillages should they arise;
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
Waverton Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.