Vacancy – Out of School Club Playworker AAAD 5101
Grade: 2, £17,842 - £18,198 pro rata (£9.25 - £9.43 per hour)
Hours: 3 - 9 hours per week term time only depending on role chosen.
The Governors of Whitley Village School wish to appoint an enthusiastic Playworker to join our friendly and hardworking school team. The position is permanent.
We are a small team so the applicant needs to be flexible and reliable. The role may involve some time working alone.
Due to the nature of the vacancy the successful candidate can work either:
- 2 sessions per week in Breakfast Club (7.30-9.00am) or
- 2 sessions per week in After School Club (3.00-6.00pm)
- There is also an option to add in a lunchtime role (12.00-1.30pm) on the 2 days worked
The role is to supervise children in our Before and After School Club, prepare creative and appropriate play opportunities for them and help to organise snacks. The role includes:
- transporting children to and from the local pre-school, usually on foot
- working both inside and outside the school building as we encourage outdoor play when possible
- locking/unlocking the school building, depending on the sessions worked.
If you have any questions about the role please contact me on email@example.com
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 19th October 2020 with interviews to be held on Wednesday 21st September 2020
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form including a letter of application in the Application Questions section (letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4), stating how you meet the criteria for the position, with evidence to support this, and why you feel you would be an appropriate candidate to take on the role.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure