Dynamic and Inspirational Assistant Head Teacher
40 Thames Road, Barking, IG11 0HZ
Salary: Inner London L7 -11
Required for 1st January 2020
A fantastic opportunity for an innovative, creative, courageous and resilient Assistant Head Teacher to grow, nurture and lead in a unique special school in an ethnically diverse inner-city area.
Pathways is a newly opened special school for pupils with social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs, with a therapeutic approach. The school caters for pupils from Year 3 to Year 11. We opened as a new school in September 2019, and we move to our newly designed building in 2022, where we will be growing to include a sixth form.
The school is part of Eko Multi Academy Trust in the London Borough of Newham, in East London.
We create highly personalised pathways for pupils. Our students achieve from KS2 through to GCSEs. This is an exciting time for a new person to join the Senior Leadership Team to shape the school on its journey to excellence. As a growing team we are looking to expand to support the continued growth of the student and staff team.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience of senior leadership or strong middle leadership in either a special or mainstream education setting, as we are just as keen to encourage applications from candidates with a relevant mainstream background as those with special school experience. The candidate will lead on assessment across the school and oversee key stage 4. There will be a timetabled teaching requirement also.
The successful person will be supported in post by a trust leadership which ensures our:
- schools are vibrant, multi cultural centres of learning
- children achieve highly
- children are happy and love actively learning
- children leave with the resilience and motivation to continue their successful learning
- community are proud of our schools and excited by what we can achieve together
The successful person will be supported in post by a trust leadership which ensures:
- your health and wellbeing is supported by an external provider offering access to a GP 24hrs along with counselling and health advice
- you are invested in by joining one of our highly successful leadership programmes
- you are supported by a skilled leadership coach
- you have access to professionals across the Trust and our sister SEMH school in Newham
- a strong leadership team with experience across all key stages
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th October - 12 o’clock midday
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th October - 12 o’clock midday
Interviews will be held: Friday 23rd October – time to be confirmed
Please contact Amanda Marquis (email@example.com) for further details, application pack or to speak to a member of the senior leadership team.
Eko Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.