An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Integrated SEN and Disability Team as a Local Offer Officer.
You will be responsible for –
• leading on the development and maintenance of high quality web based content of the Medway Local Offer, providing clear and accessible information for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities age 0-25 and their families about the services available to them.
• working with all partner agencies, providers, schools, parents and carers, and children and young people to ensure they are fully involved and engaged in the joint design and improvement of services and the Local Offer
• working with others to deliver an effective communication strategy that ensures the Local Offer is well known and used by parents and carers, and children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities age 0-25
• developing and maintaining quality assurance systems for reviewing the content of the Local Offer and securing high quality feedback from users of the service.
You will need to have an understanding and experience of Special Educational Needs and Disability and the legislative framework. You will have excellent marketing and communication skills both written and verbal and be able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences. You will also need to have a working knowledge of ICT and web systems including social media and content management systems.
If you are interested in being part of our journey to strengthen and improve services then we would like to hear from you.
Medway is at the heart of the Thames Gateway, only 30 miles from central London and has excellent transport links. A modern place, surrounded by award winning rural areas and rich heritage and an abounding cultural offering makes Medway a fantastic place to live and work.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
The council understands that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and achieve its aims. It’s vital that employees feel rewarded for their contribution.
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.