- Manage the day to day operation of passenger journeys from an allocated depot.
- Manage responses to urgent transport requests.
- Manage and direct the staff allocated to the depot.
- Responsible for the allocation of vehicle equipment and resources.
- Scheduling and arranging journeys to agreed performance standards.
- Managing allocated budgets.
To assist the Passenger Operations Manager in the development of efficient and effective journey schedules that deliver set service standards.
To manage all permanent staff allocated in accordance with the Council’s supervisory and PDR procedures current at the time.
To arrange and manage support staff from approved providers where cover for vacancies or absence of permanent staff is necessary.
To ensure vehicles are clean inside and outside, are checked for legality by drivers, and all accident damage is reported and recorded.
To arrange for vehicles to be available for routine maintenance at agreed times.
To manage and undertake any current procedures in place for the statutory recording of driver’s hours.
To manage the service response to urgent transport requests and allocate appropriate resources promptly.
Additional Job Board Text
To act as a passenger assistant or Driver when required as contingency if short of staff.
To comply with the requirement to carry out a DBS check on this role.