Alexander School is a small welcoming fully inclusive First School and Foundation Stage with children aged from 3 years to 9 years. Graded good in our last OFSTED inspection we proudly serve our local community, including our Armed Forces families.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient, self-motivated and flexible person to join our successful and friendly school.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a clean and safe environment for all users of the school and premises.
- Undertaking daily security check and lock/unlock buildings at times agreed with Headteacher.
- Performing duties in line with Health & Safety requirement.
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance around the school and grounds as required.
- Ordering supplies as required for school utilities and repairs.
- Liaising effectively with contractors.
- Some cleaning as required.
- General duties including, including moving furniture and equipment.
You will need:
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Experience in DIY / practical skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative subject to general and specific direction of the Headteacher and the School Business Manager.
- Experience in working in a school or similar environment is an advantage.
- Awareness of the requirements of current H&S legislation and good practice relevant to duties of the post.
Visits to the school welcomed and encouraged. Please email email@example.com or call 07983 503849 for an application pack.
The governors of the school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Please apply directly to the school.
Closing date: 12pm, 23 October 2020
Interviews: w/c 26 October 2020 (social distancing measures in place to safely accommodate interviews)