Eko Pathways School
SEMH Pastoral Leader
(Term Time – 35 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks)
PO2 (£33945-£36711) Pro Rata depending on experience
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person with experience to join our team at the Eko Pathways School. In September 2020 we grew in size and now seek to increase our welfare capacity to meet our pupils’ needs, especially in COVID-19 and post COVID-19 times.
Eko Pathways is an all through special needs school supporting children and young people’s learning and social and emotional needs. We are committed to developing the emotional resilience and academic progress of our pupils in close partnership with the Local Authority.
The successful candidates will ideally have experience within a range of mainstream or SEMH settings.
More about the role :-
- To act as the deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Attendance Officer and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families.
- Work with a range of external agencies to improve outcomes for the pupils
- To support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance for Eko Pathways School
- To ensure children are attending school and the school knows that pupils are safe if they are not
- To write reports and action plans for the senior leadership team
- To work with families, accessing resources, to help increase their involvement in the education and welfare of their children.
- To oversee pastoral and first aid care to pupils to ensure their health and safety within the school by being named as the appointed person for first aid.
What we offer:-
- Your health and wellbeing is supported by an external provider offering access to a GP 24hrs along with counselling and other health benefits
- You have access to a trust safeguarding team and supervision support from the Eko Trust safeguarding lead
- Further training and development as required
Please apply online for the post. For any further information regarding the post please contact Smitha Ravi on email address below.
Closing date: Monday 19th October 2020, 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 19th October 2020
Interview: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Eko Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.