Brighter Futures for Children
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract to March 2022
We are looking for someone to be the Triage Coordinator Mental Health until March 2022 with a possibility of an extension.
The post is key in ensuring our mental health work with children and young people is a model of excellence. This post requires close working across the mental health teams within BFfC and partners to ensure efficient running of the Mental Health Hub.
The Mental Health Triage provides a single point of contact for members of the public or professionals who are concerned about a child or young person’s emotional or mental health. It provides (i) a signposting and referral service to appropriate mental health advice and support services for children and young people, (ii) support and advice to any professional who has a child or family on their caseload where mental and emotional health is the primary contributing factor their wider issues. It is a partnership between services across the public and voluntary sectors.
The role of the Triage Coordinator is vital to the organisation of this process; you will be responsible for organising and attending the weekly Multiagency One Reading Partnership Mental Health Hub. You will receive, log and progress referrals from members of the public and professionals. You will gather relevant information from the family and involved agencies, informing next steps, and where required co-ordinate information for escalation or de-escalation of referrals into universal, Tier 3/specialist, or statutory safeguarding services.
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
• We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
• We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
• We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
- To provide a Triage function for services that support the mental health needs of children and young people in Reading (e.g. Mental Health Support Team, Early Help, Voluntary Agencies, etc)
- To lead and support internal and external partner agencies to deliver a multi-agency weekly Mental Health Support Hub in line with One Reading Partnership Prevention & Early Intervention Strategy.
- To process referrals into the One Reading Partnership Mental Health Hub including screening, triage and signposting where appropriate.
- To co-ordinate and facilitate the weekly One Reading Partnership Mental Health Hub, including arranging case specific attendance of partner agency representatives and recording the actions and outcomes.
- Ensure that the voice and views of the child, young person and/or family are sought, heard and represented appropriately and evidenced throughout the assessment and plan.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and up to date records on referrals to the Mental Health hub, and share with partner agencies as appropriate.
- To record on case files data systems e.g. IAPTUS and Mosaic.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with families / parents/carers
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment
- Knowledge of children’s services
- Background in working in Mental Health or with people with complex needs
- Ability to relate to and build effective working relationships with internal and external partner agencies, particularly those who may be reluctant to engage with early help arrangements
- Ability to use or undertake training to use IT packages such as Word and Outlook as well as case recording databases eg MOSAIC and IAPTUS
- Ability to be innovative and creative in finding solutions to unique partner agency and family challenges
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org