Looking for a rewarding new role that offers flexible and family-friendly working options? You’ve found it – and plenty more besides. It’s your chance to join a friendly and supportive team of people who work together to make a positive difference for everyone in Reading. Join us, and you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities too, so you can grow your skills and build a great future with us.
About the role
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual to undertake a variety of general administration support to the Debt Advice Team and wider Housing Service. You will be supported in undertaking the Public Service Operational Delivery Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification.
Reporting to the Debt Advice Team Leader, your main duties will include:
- Booking in appointments with residents following a referral being made to the Service.
- To send letters and texts for forthcoming appointments and to introduce the Debt Advice Service to new tenants, to those tenants who have been served a Notice Seeking Possession or when Possession of the property has been made or residents who are affected by welfare reform.
- To provide administrative assistance to the Debt Advice Team including writing letters, telephone answering, sending emails and taking messages as required.
- To maintain the Debt Advice Services database, and make accurate records of actions taken.
- To assist Tenants and Residents to get online and make claims for benefits and maintain claims.
- Undertake training to deliver basic Debt Advice appointments with tenants and residents including assessing income, outgoings and debts and providing relevant advice and support to explore their debt options.
- Undertake training to assist with the assessment of Discretionary payments administered by the Debt Advice Team.
The ideal candidate will have previous computer experience and good customer service skills.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22/10/20
Interview Date: 27/10/20
Interview format: Question & answer panel interview based on Job Description with three panel members lasting no more than 45 minutes.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.