Climate Change and Sustainability Manager; your chance to make a difference.
“The future of humanity and indeed all life on earth depends on us” - Sir David Attenborough
£36,922 - £38,890 per annum
3 Year Fixed Term Contract
This is an amazing opportunity to embrace a brand new role and truly drive the Climate Change agenda at Arun District Council and deliver its carbon neutral target by 2030. This is not a role for the faint-hearted, so we are looking for somebody exceptional who can make this role their own.
Our Climate Change and Sustainability Manager will lead in writing and delivering the Council’s Environmental Strategy and Climate Action Plan. In this role you will provide leadership, advice and support across the organisation and to the wider community.
You will work closely with others in the Council to establish carbon reduction initiatives, build business cases and seek funding opportunities to deliver projects. Your specialist knowledge on carbon reduction and sustainability will be invaluable in educating and training colleagues so that Improving the impact of climate change becomes second nature and embedded in the work of the authority.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate your experience and prove effective leadership and negotiation skills. You will also be familiar with working with elected Members, Directors and mangers to drive organisational development and change.
We want to hear from you whether you are an inspirational young graduate or a more seasoned professional.
In return we offer:
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave plus paid Bank Holidays (subject to continuous service) - PLUS Flexi-Time
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simply Health Care
- Training and Development Opportunities
INTERVIEW DATE: 30 NOVEMBER 2020
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Robin Wickham on 01903 737835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org