There may also be an opportunity for wider responsibilities around an area of the candidates own interests.
Location: Rivermead School
Rivermead School is looking for an excellent Maths teacher who is already a head of Maths or is ready to take this next step in their career. If you are looking for a new challenge and keen to develop then look no further.
You will be either secondary or primary trained and have experience up to GCSE level. Knowledge of the maths mastery approach (White Rose) would also be an advantage.
Rivermead School is part of the Rivermead Inclusive Trust.
We value all our teachers input and you will be part of an expanding team. The school is proud of our Maths delivery and our learners’ successes at GCSE. Our learners represent a wide range of ability with the majority attaining A* - G (levels 1-9) at GCSE and many progressing to related courses post-16.
Rivermead is a special school for learners with Autism as their primary need and who are unable to access mainstream education because of a variety of complex needs. It is our challenge to provide them with a broad, balanced curriculum to progress to post-16 education and the world of work.
We are passionate about potential and are considered to be a very caring school; a school where people matter. If you are interested in a school that is small enough to be recognised in, but big enough for children to flourish; come and speak with us about how you can impact upon the achievement of our young people.
All applicants should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A good understanding of and experience of delivering National Curriculum requirements for Maths and feel confident in delivering the subject up to and including G.C.S.E.
- Experience of leading other staff or an ambition to develop leadership skills
- Excellent teaching skills and the adaptability to facilitate learning in areas of the curriculum beyond their own specialist subject when required
- An interest in or experience of teaching children with Special Educational Needs and medical needs.
- Understanding of the Maths Mastery approach (White Rose in particular)
Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring and a Health Declaration.
For further information please contact Mrs Melinda Bate (PA to the Headteacher on 01634 338348)
What we offer
- A leadership team that nurtures and encourage potential in all.
- To become part of a great team
- Have a fantastic continued Professional Development programme
- Staff well-being packages
Closing Date: 23rd October 2020 noon
Interviews: Friday 23rd October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment at Rivermead Inclusive Trust.