Old Town Hall, Catford Road, SE6 4RU The Role
A new opportunity exists for a talented Clerk of Works to join our professional development team. We are looking for a high performing individual able to work and thrive in a high volume, fast paced housing sector environment and who is keen to bring their passion and knowledge of development to Lewisham Homes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage quality control (materials and workmanship) on project schemes
• Carry out all snagging and technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard
• Maintain appropriate contacts with building contractors, consultants and other agencies involved in housing development and actively promote Lewisham Homes Services
• Ensure the golden thread of information and change management is well managed and documented appropriately
You should have a proven record as a Clerk of Works. Highly motivated with a passion to succeed. Able to identify opportunities for advancing the organisation’s mission while maintaining an awareness of the business areas and associated risk.
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in the new build sector
• A construction trade or management qualification or equivalent
• Proven experience of site management in complex and high rise housing development
• Good technical construction knowledge and good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
We offer excellent opportunities to add to your skills and develop your career. We are proud of the difference we make as an organisation and if you share our ambition to continuously improve our service, you will succeed as part of this team.
The salary will be supported by a range of benefits, including flexible and agile working opportunities, season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 October 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 2 November 2020
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification. Please attach your supporting statement to your online application.