We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call home.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people not profit in mind and build homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job title: Team Assistant- Kent
Business area: Property Services- Kent & Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part time- 20 hours a week
Base location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Salary: £27,625 pro rata
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 27th October 2020, 23:00pm
Interview dates: Monday 9th & Wednesday 11th November 2020 (Interviews will be conducted via Video conference)
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the Property Services team in Kent.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic and committed to providing excellent services to residents whilst helping to maintain our properties to the highest standard.
If you joined the team, you’ll be expected to provide a full range of administrative and support services, ranging from moderate to complex, to facilitate the effective and efficient service delivery to residents, colleagues and stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing Admin Support to Waste and Fleet Manager
- Assist the Fleet Manager with transport activities
- Assisting with route planning / schedule of work
- Monitoring Environmental mailbox
- Monitoring Kent & Sussex Fleet mailbox
- Working with multiple IT packages
- Input all waste transfer notes tickets onto the information management system
- Monitoring performance and analysing trends
- Raising orders and invoices
- Resolving queries related to the work of the team and department.
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure disposal invoices are fully reconciled
- Petty Cash reconciliation
What you’ll need
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the transport and waste industry would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of transport management compliance would be an advantage.
- A basic understanding of Health & Safety in the transport and waste sector would be an advantage.
- Manage a busy workload.
- Have attention to detail
- Be self-motivated
- Have a methodical and well organised approach to prioritising work
- Good level of Microsoft office skills
- Must have access to a PC/Laptop and Wi-Fi to enable home working if required- Essential
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.