Contract: Full time (temporary for twelve months)
Salary: Grade: SCP 4-5 (£18,933 - £19,312 per annum)
The Governors are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, motivated, inspiring, dedicated and experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant to join our excellent team of staff committed to delivering the highest standards of education. The successful applicant will work with children with a wide range of special needs including learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, visual impairment and behavioural and emotional difficulties.
Applicants will need to:
- Feel confident in their own Mathematics / English skills appropriate to demands of KS2 and have relevant, recent experience within the age range
- Support learning in the School (one-to-one basis and in the classroom)
- To assist pupils with intimate care
- Engage and support children in their learning through a variety of strategies, adjusting activities for the pupil they are working with to support learning styles and individual needs
- Assist children with special needs and foster independent action and learning
- Work with teaching staff in planning, evaluating and adjusting work programmes or intervention strategies as appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ response to learning and feedback to teaching staff regarding progress and outcomes
- Have the ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Develop positive relationships with children, staff and parents to promote the progress and attainment of children
- Engage in all aspects of school life
- Special responsibilities will be based on areas of expertise discussed and agreed on appointment.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
A CES (Catholic Education Service) application form (available on the CES website) must be completed and should be returned to: The Governing Body, c/o Mrs. J. Ryan, via email to email@example.com or by post/hand to the school.
St. Bede’s Catholic Junior School, Appleton Village, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 6EL
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th October 2020 at 9.00 am
Interviews: Wednesday 21st October 2020