We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call home.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people not profit in mind and build homes and communities where people can thrive.
Closing date for applications will be the 29th October 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting will complete by the 5th November 2020
Due Covid19 and social distancing measures video link interviews will take place on 12th and 13th November 2020
What you’ll be doing
We're currently looking for a Data Protection Support Officer to join our team within Optivo’s Governance team . This exciting opportunity will support the Head of DP to ensure Optivo meets its regulatory obligations for the management, usage and protection of personal data.
Data Protection sits at the heart of the business and our team operates in a fast-paced, compliance-driven environment. The role will engage with colleagues and residents, providing support and guidance in line with current DP legislation.
Some of these duties will include:
- Provide administrative support for Subject Access Requests received from our residents, including redacting of third party data.
- Maintain the Data Protection Team system, files and records, ensuring that these are up to date and held securely.
- Maintain the data protection breach register and work with the Head of DP to provide breach guidance to the business.
- Provide support for the Data Protection Champions Group including arranging meetings, preparation of agenda, writing reports and producing accurate minutes.
- Assist with the induction and training of new starters in Data Protection issues and producing necessary training or presentation materials.
What you’ll need
- You’ll ideally have knowledge and experience of dealing with data protection issues
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Some knowledge of Data Protection legislation would be desirable although not essential.
- Working knowledge of Subject Access Requests would also be an advantage
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.