East London Academy of Design and Engineering
Yew Tree Avenue, Rainham Road South, Dagenham East, RM10 7FN
Tel: 0203 773 4672
Hours: 40 hours per week/Term-time + 8 days during August
Salary: Elutec range B £21,702 - £26,466 (full time equivalent) dependant on qualifications and experience. Salary will be 0.93 pro-rata.
Start: As soon as possible.
Responsible to: Assistant Principal, Faculty Lead for Science & Engineering
An opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician to join Elutec to support the work of our students.
Terms and Conditions of Employment (key points):
- Elutec term time + 8 days days during August
Qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a school is desirable, but not essential.
- A minimum of relevant level 2 qualifications.
- Understanding and experience of engineering workshops.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing students, staff and visitors.
- Excellent health and attendance record.
- Ensure the values of Elutec and those of the sponsors are evident in every aspect of the discharge of the duties of the post.
- Model the highest professional standards to staff and students in all aspects of the role, maintaining a visible presence around Elutec and leading by example.
- Be committed to working in a cohesive, supportive and forward-thinking team of colleagues which shares an ambitious vision to secure flagship status for Elutec.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the Elutec Development Plan.
- To work at all times to the standards as set out in the staff ‘code of conduct’.
For full details please see attached job description and person specification.
In return we offer a friendly, professional school with appropriate CPD opportunities.
Elutec and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services and suitable references along with other essential checks.
Elutec Academy is housed in an impressive new building in Barking and Dagenham, part of the Business and Science Park which is soon to be joined by an exciting new film studio complex. The school has excellent transport links, with Dagenham East tube station a short walk away.
The school’s exceptional sponsors include Ford Motor Company, one of the world's foremost design, engineering and manufacturing enterprises, and the Faculty of Engineering at University College London (UCL), ranked as one of the top 20 universities in the world.
We offer staff the opportunity to work full or part-time along with on-going opportunities to continue their professional development.
To apply, please return your completed application form by email to: Mrs G Howard, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 22nd October 2020
Interview Date: 23rd October 2020
Elutec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.