The post holder will be part of North East Lincolnshire Council's new innovative Edge of Care Service which has been developed to work with partners and Children’s Social Care to ensure we support families before they reach crisis.
The purpose of this service is to work alongside parents and children who require intensive often crisis led interventions that will prevent the need for emergency accommodation and family breakdown.
The aims are to:
- To provide intervention at the point of crisis with children, young people and their families to improve outcomes, raise aspiration and safely keep families together.
- Lead, facilitate and contribute to meetings with families and professionals to support the development of family plans
- Lead and facilitate work with families that is evidence based
- Ensure that the voice of children, young people and families is evidenced in all case work and is taken into account within family plans.
- Maintain professional records and appropriate casework notes in relation to individual clients for the production of relevant reports and management information
- To provide and present reports in relation to work undertaken. This may include completing court directed work and assessments. This will be done with the direction and support of line managers.
- Be an advocate and support children and young people who are at risk of significant harm and ensure their wellbeing and safety is a priority
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated Practitioners who can work under pressure, often autonomously with families and young people to reduce risk and need and be part of developing this offer for us in North East Lincs.
The nature of this role means you will have non standard working patterns with hours anywhere between 7 am to 10 pm Monday to Friday and some weekend work.
For more information, or an informal discussion, please contact Sarah Blanchard on 01472 325416 or email Sarah.Blanchard2@nelincs.gov.uk
DBS disclosure level: Enhanced