We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call home.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people not profit in mind and build homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job Title: Gas & Electric Coordinator
Business area: Property Services- London
Type of Contract: 5 month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 36 hours a week
Salary: £27,904 pro rata
Location: Croydon (The team are currently working from home)
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th October 2020, 23:00pm
Interview date: Week commencing 2nd November 2020 (Interviews will be conducted via Video conference)
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the Property Services team on a 5 month fixed term contract as a Gas & Electric Coordinator. This exciting opportunity will involve supporting the administration of 100% gas, oil, solid fuel and electric compliance and certifications in the team.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic and committed to providing excellent customer service across our organisation.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll act as the leading coordinator of properties referred back to Optivo by our electrical contractors. You’ll manage the escalation process in accordance to Optivo’s access procedure, this will include liaising with other departments, initiating legal action for access injunctions and monitoring all referred cases to ensure they remain process compliant. You’ll accurately record and maintain evidence from contractors of anecdotal evidence of no access reasons and supply to the legal and housing teams. You’ll assist in collating compliance performance data for gas and electric performance. Preparing monthly reports on properties which aren’t compliant.
What you’ll need
- You’ll have experience working with electric/gas compliance undertaking a similar function.
- Good organisation skills with an ability to prioritise and work within strict guidelines. Capability to manage conflict effectively in a firm yet understanding manner.
- Previous experience working in the social housing sector and familiarity with tenancy agreements would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to use the appropriate IT tools to produce reports, documents, emails, including using Excel and Word to compile reports for different audiences.
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving, can quickly identify and evaluate problems to reach a solution
- Ability to establish appropriate working relationships with the contractors and other staff.
- Understanding principles and practice of equality and customer care in delivering effective services. Commitment to providing a high quality service to all customers.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.