About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Property Serviecs Inspector to join an existing team of inspectors responsible for the standard of communal areas and appearance of Hightown properties.This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
As a Property Services Inspector, you will have good technical knowledge within the housing construction field and will be expected to carry out regular inspections and following up actions needed to meet the high standards expected by residents.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out a programme of stock condition surveys on a designated patch
- Ensuring up to date accuracy of the property database so that future works can be efficiently planned
- Carrying out void and health and safety inspections including pre and post inspections
- Frequently liaising with residents to ensure the expected property standards are maintained
We are therefore looking for an individual who demonstrates a compassionate, enthusiastic, respective and `can-do` approach.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
To apply for the role of Property Services Inspector you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction/surveying/building regulation, and experience of working within public sector housing
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
Workplace pension scheme
45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
Life assurance of three times your annual salary
Comprehensive training and development support
Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
On-site parking and gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 7,000 homes and employ over 1000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 1st November 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 10th November 2020
To apply please complete our online application form.
Please be advised that this recruitment process will be carried out online and would ask that you check your emails regularly. Please also quote the reference number of the job when applying.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.