Role: Level 1 Teaching Assistant- EHCP 1:1 (Teaching Assistant for a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
Scale Point: NJC 2
Hours: 28.75 (Term Time Only) 9:00-3:15 30 mins lunch
Contract: Named Teaching Assistant for a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). If the named child was to leave the school, the contract would terminate.
Closing date: Friday 30th October, 2020
Interview date: TBA
Keelby Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a Level 1 Teaching Assistant, to support Year 2 child with specific needs. (Cerebal Palsy, limited verbal communication, uses Makaton to support communication) Starting date as soon as possible.
We are looking for:
- A driven and effective team player with a commitment to creating a climate where all children feel safe and thrive.
- Someone with experience to effectively support a child with Special Educational Needs in the areas of speech, language and communication and cognition and learning
- Someone with experience of using Makaton.
- Someone who can evidence relevant experience and or a willingness to deliver high standards of intimate care.
- Someone who has experience of working within a school setting and has an understanding of supporting a child with specific learning needs
- An intuitive and adaptable individual who can evolve their practice to ensure children remain engaged.
- Someone who possess the relevant qualifications or experience and has had training in other relevant strategies for the role.
- A committed and enthusiastic individual with good time keeping and a track record of excellent workplace attendance.
- Someone with a sense of humour.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside a dedicated, committed and enthusiastic team
- Pupils who are “articulate, polite and passionate about their school” (Ofsted Jan 2018)
- A commitment to extensive personal and professional development
- A collaborative group of school both locally and further afield
- Opportunities to further develop your career within the Trust
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact Mrs Cowling, Principal, email@example.com or telephone the school office 01469 560366. Application forms can be downloaded from www.keelby.lincs.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references and a successful enhanced DBS.