CAMBRIDGE NURSERY SCHOOL, Cambridge Road, Bootle L20 9LQ
Temporary part-time Childcare Assistant 30 hour post (termtime only) to 31st August 2021
30 Hours 8.45am - 3.15pm Monday to Friday
Grade C Point 3 £18,562 Pro rata
To start as soon as possible.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a part-time childcare assistant to support children with global delay and speech and language difficulties. To work on occassions with one or two children to support their education and helpcare plan. The successful applicant will be working as part of our friendly, motivated and enthusiastic team of teaching and non teaching staff ensuring the delivery of integrated early learning and care, in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
Support for children and families.
- To participate in providing an inclusive, stimulating and secure learning environment that aims to support the children to achieve their full potential.
- To promote and support active involvement of parent / carers in their children’s learning and development by building and maintaining effective relationships
- To assist in promoting an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity of cultures within the community and supports the individual needs of children and families of the local community and those who use our nursery.
- To seek guidance and advice, by sharing relevant information with supervisory staff to ensure individual children’s needs are met effectively.
Support for the Nursery School.
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and principles and where appropriate meet the requirements of the development/improvement plans
- Comply with Local Authority/ School policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding Children, Health and Safety, security, confidentiality and data protection.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings as requested.
- Attend training as part of personal and professional/centre development.
Working as part of a team.
- To meet the needs of individual children, working within the Early Years Foundation Stage .
- To work alongside other practitioners, participating in the planning and assessment of the development and learning of the children
- To act as a key carer for the children.
- To be willing to participate in personal and professional development opportunities.
- To share information with colleagues and seek guidance and advice when needed to ensure individual children’s needs are being met.
Provision and Promotion of Play and Learning Opportunities.
- To actively participate, as directed in the delivery of a creative and innovative range of play and learning experiences, indoors and outdoors.
- Provide a learning environment in which children are encouraged to explore, investigate and initiate their own play activities and learning experiences.
- To contribute to the monitoring and assessment of the children to meet their individual needs.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd October at 12.00 noon
Interviews to take place: Wednesday 5th November 2020 via ZOOM