Stroud District Council is an aspiring authority based in the Cotswolds offering a special place to live and work. Sustainability is at the heart of our ambitions for our place, our communities and our council. We were the first carbon neutral council and we continue to push ourselves and our influence to achieve more for our residents, businesses and workforce.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in a fast developing, forward thinking and ambitious organisation? We have invested significantly in bringing our technology infrastructure up to date to support our modernisation agenda. This important role is responsible for ensuring the return on that investment; a resilient and secure technology estate that optimises the productivity of the council in delivering essential services to our communities.
Demonstrating that you are technically proficient and have experience of maintaining and developing a modern ICT infrastructure for a complex organisation with multiple systems, you are confident in your knowledge and able to effectively communicate technical requirements in ways that users and decision makers can easily understand. You have a sound understanding of security and compliance including the certification, processes and controls that need to be in place to keep our network, systems and data safe.
We require a supportive, positive and flexible manager with relevant experience within similar organisations, you will be able to lead the ongoing development of our hybrid computing environment and progress the transition to cloud. Responsible for a small team of ICT professionals, you can evidence leadership and management experience of developing and motivating a team.
We are looking for an experienced individual who understands emerging technologies, who can continue to develop our ICT environment taking into consideration the emerging pressures of sustainable technology. The successful person will
- contribute to the development and deliver our technology programme that underpins our modernisation efforts including ongoing infrastructure and security improvements;
- enthusiastic about new technology, open to new initiatives and able to inspire and manage a team to continually improve and develop;
- be risk aware, conscious of the continual threat to cyber and system security. Work with colleagues across the Council to embed this awareness and the prevention activity necessary to maintain security;
- have significant technical knowledge and experience of Infrastructure and Security, working at a managerial level;
- have previously managed programmes of work, which have delivered significant business value and have a proven track record of defining requirements and implementing change; and
- have excellent resource management skills, able to design and prioritise work programmes and a proven ability to motivate staff to deliver at pace.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Caron Starkey, Director of Transformation and Change on 07866 142209 or email email@example.com.
Telephone interviews: 11th / 12th November 2020
Online interview and technical test (for those going forward) – 18th/19th November 2020
Our Senior Team is under represented by people from BAME, Women and Disability communities and we are working hard to change that. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.